Innovation engineering research supports the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, and in line with the Faculty of Engineering’s vision also clusters around the five main areas of climate, life, digitalization, industry, and environment.
Innovation engineering is a multi-disciplinary and broad domain, which is reflected in the diversity of our team of researchers. We look upon innovation as an iterative process of ideation, development, and implementation or adoption, and our research addresses the different parts of this cycle, using different perspectives.
Some of our topics of interest include:
- Product, service, and business model innovation
- Innovation measurement systems
- Decision-making in innovation projects
- Innovation and strategic management within firms
- Open innovation and open-source technologies
- Drivers and barriers of innovation adoption
- Innovation policy in entrepreneurial systems
- Innovation and sustainability
- User innovation
Innovation Engineering is part of Design Sciences at the Faculty of Engineering, Lund University.
at Ingvar Kamprad Design Center (IKDC), Sölvegatan 26 in Lund.